October 5, 2015

2015 - Give Back Project -April

2015 - Give Back Project April

Again this month was about giving back, giving back to a cause that I hold close to my heart.

C is 21 and will be welcoming a little boy to her family in a few short weeks.......

Every time I have an opportunity to give back and photograph a teen mom the question is always asked, "Why are you doing this?"

The reason.....as I have said before is because I was a teen mom and this is my opportunity to give back to something that I never had an opportunity to do...given the circumstances.....simply put I just couldn't afford it.....

 "All Dolled UP with No Place to GO" had teamed up with me, to provide professional make-up applications for these girls to make them feel beautiful.





 
Please again here is the project...share
 
MY NAME IS SIOBHAN......PLEASE HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD


This is my moment to give back to you and to tell your stories ………

Not all pregnancies are planned, in fact, most of them are not.  Being pregnant can be scary, and even more so for a teenager. 

Being a teenager and finding out that you’re pregnant is a shock, not something you ever believed could happen to you, it happens to others, right?!?

I know firsthand what being a teenage mother is like…….I was one and wouldn’t change anything for the world…… and when I look back at the scary thoughts I had of becoming a mother at such a young age, I realized, I never took the opportunity to capture, cherish and embrace all the beauty, magical moments and memories that come with being pregnant and motherhood.

We are women, we can grow another human being inside of us…a tiny life…a moment that should be captured despite our age.

I am a photographer and my colleague is a make-up artist, and we have teamed up together to give something back, back to a moment in time that should be treasured nonetheless.

Our goal, is to provide professional photography and make-up for teen mothers who want nothing more, than to preserve a memory for a life time.

We will be offering a free session a month throughout the year to give back…..if you know of someone who is a teen mom expecting and would like to pass on my information, please have them contact me at memoriescaptured@telus.net. With Teen Mom written in the subject line and your age.

Not to discriminate against anyone but my cut-off age will be 22.  Thank you for your time is reading this venture that I have set out to do….

Kind Regards

Siobhan, Memories Captured
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, I love to hear what people have to say, but please be kind!
Comments are encouraging!!

Labels

Thank-u


Thank-you to all those who believed in me.....your support and encouragement will not be forgotten...

Enjoy!

Siobhan


Total Pageviews